Angels and Demons-Dan Brown

When I initially started reading, I only ever considered fantasy fiction books as I was deeply influenced by Harry Potter, but little did I know that there were genres beyond that. After having some fair reading experience I thought of trying something new. People kept recommending me to read Dan Brown books, and here I am reviewing one of his stunningly impressive- Angels and Demons. It is a pure suspense thriller that got me all in. Here you will be reading my review on this very book and may get inspired to read it too. So lets get started-

When a world renowned scientist (Leonardo Vetra) is found brutally murdered, Robert Langdon, a professor of religious iconology at the Harvard university, is summoned to identify the mysterious symbol seared on Vetra's chest that said ILLUMINATI. Langdon knows very well of the Illuminati, that it was nearly a 4 hundred year old secret brotherhood and the most powerful satanic cult that consisted of Europe's most enlightened men like physicists, mathematicians, astronomers etc. who used to meet secretly to share their concerns on the church's non-scientific and inaccurate teachings. After the Illuminati were hunted ruthlessly by the church years and years ago, they are now reborn to continue their bitter vengeance against their sworn enemy, the Catholic Church.
Meanwhile, in Rome, when Leonardo Vetra's adoptive daughter-Vittoria Vetra was informed about this tragic incident she wants to solve the case along with Langdon. She also reveals her secret invention of the worlds most explosive substance, that is exactly the opposite of matter, called Antimatter that she and her dad had been working on before he died. This was stored in a special canister to prevent it from exploding. But now the Illuminati have stolen the canister and this substance is going to explode and wipe the whole of Vatican City in just 24 hours.
Co-incidentally, today was the selection of the new pope on the account of the death of the previous one and the main 4 cardinals are missing! And when Langdon and Vittoria reach to the event to talk to the camerlengo(the closest to the pope), Langdon gets a call from the Illuminati's killer, telling him about how he is going to kill all the 4 cardinals one by one in different churches as a revenge for the church's doings. Now Langdon and Vittoria are supposed to save these cardinals and also have to save the whole city from the antimatter explosion...

That was the basic idea of the plot but trust me this I spent 2 full days to finish this 600 page book and trust me, it was totally worth it. Apart from all the thrills and suspense, this book was very informative too! I had never known the existence of the Illuminati until I read this book. I must say, I thought it would take me time to get used to a new genre but this very book proved me wrong.
 The world building that Brown has introduced in this book was just mind capturing! I was aquiver in astonishment. This book was one hell of a read and I highly recommend this book to all the mystery lovers out there! Please comment your opinions down below. Thank You so much..
Angels And Demons: (Robert Langdon Book 1) eBook: Brown, Dan ...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts